How to Fix a No-Input Signal to a Computer
If your computer monitor is displaying the error message “No Input Signal,” follow the steps in the sections below. Here’s How to Fix a No-Input Signal to a Computer.
No Input Signal error message
1. Turn off your computer.
2. Unplug the cable running from your monitor to your PC and plug it back in, making sure the connection is firm. The most common cause of this error is a loose cable.
3. Bad Monitor Cable: After you ensure that the computer is sending video to the monitor, verify that the monitor cable is secure and tight at both ends of the cable. If it’s secure, remove the cable and verify that there are no bent or missing pins in either end. If possible, use an alternative monitor cable that you know works. Though cable failure is rare, sometimes they can short out or otherwise become faulty. Computer turns on, monitor says “no signal” [Solved].
4. Replace your monitor with another monitor if possible. If the “No Input Signal” error still appears, the problem does not rest with the cables or the monitor, but with your PC.
5. Open your PC case and locate your video card. Remove the card and then replace it firmly in its slot or, if possible, insert the video card into another slot on your motherboard. A video card that is not making a firm connection will not display images to the monitor. Close your PC case and test the monitor again. Its help for Computer gets power but the monitor says no signal.
6. Bad Video Card: If this is the component that has gone bad, you will need to replace the graphics processor with a new one. Make sure that the new processor you purchase is compatible with your system and, if necessary, have it professionally installed to avoid further problems. Monitor Shows No Signal After CPU Starts.
Note: If you are still not receiving a signal even after replacing your video card. You may also need to replace the computer’s power supply and, in a worst-case scenario, your computer’s motherboard. If your computer is still under warranty, arrange for an official repair before you open up your computer. Often, opening your computer yourself will void your warranty. Hope this article help’s you lot to How to Fix a Computer That Turns On But Displays Nothing problem.