How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x8024a10a?
Microsoft is constantly trying to supply users with a more stable and secure system by performing more frequent updates for Windows 10. On the other hand, those users listed over 30 errors related to Windows 10‘s system update. And some of those are a tough nut to crack.
One of those annoying errors is linked with the error code 0x8024a10a. According to numerous users, this error occurs both on PCs and Windows-powered smartphones. It completely shuts down the update process. On the other side, Microsoft is not addressing it as it should. So, we’ll try and clear things up with this article How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8024a10a.
Fixing Windows Update Error Code 0x8024a10a
1) Disable Your Antivirus
Some users reported that, on some occasions, third-party antimalware software slowed down or even stops the Windows update process. For that reason, we advise you to temporarily disable your antivirus. Additionally, it is a good idea to disable your VPN while updating.
2) Perform the System File Checker
System File Checker (SFC) is the built-in tool that helps you scan and repair various system files. Mostly due to virus infections, your files may get corrupted or incomplete. If the update worked well before. And then stopped for no apparent reason, SFC may be just the tool for the job. How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8024a10a.
You can use System File Checker this way:
1. Press Windows key + X and run Command Prompt (Admin).
2. In the command line, type sfc/scannow
3. The process should last for approximately 5 minutes.
4. After it’s done, restart your PC and try updating again.
3) Use DISM to fix corrupted update files
DISM is an acronym for the Deployment Image Servicing and Management. The main task of the DISM is to scan and fix corrupted files related to Windows Update. Before we move into the steps, it’s good to know that this tool can gather files from Windows Update or from system installation. This comes in handy if Windows Update is unresponsive and you have. For example, USB or DVD with Windows installation.
These are the steps:
1. Press Windows key + X and start Command Prompt (Admin).
2. In the command line type following command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
3. In case the DISM can’t obtain files online, try using your installation USB or DVD. Insert media and type following command:
.DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
4. Be sure to replace ”C:\RepairSource\Windows” path of your DVD or USB.
5. The operation should last no more than 5 minutes.
This is the Easy Ways to Fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x8024a10a.Hope this make you’r pc Fix Windows 10 Update Error.